Dr. Quave’s 2017-2018 Speaking Schedule
- Keynote public lecture. “Plants, magic and molecules: The search for new cures from old remedies”. Cornell Botanic Gardens, Public Lecture, Ithaca, New York, 10/10/2017.
University Research Seminars
- University of North Carolina Greensboro, Department of Chemistry Seminar. “Ethnobotany and the search for novel anti-infectives for the post-antibiotic era”. Greensboro, North Carolna, 9/29/2017.
- Cornell University, Department of Plant Biology Seminar, “Medical ethnobotany and the discovery of new drugs from nature” Ithaca, New York, 11/10/2017.
- University of Oregon, Department of Chemistry Seminar. “Medical ethnobotany and anti-infective drug discovery” Eugene, Oregon, 3/8/2018.
- Florida State University, Sponsored by the College of Medicine and Biological Research Department, Grand Rounds Seminar, Tallahassee, Florida, 5/10/2018.
University Research Symposia
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Antibiotics: Discovery, Resistance and Alternatives, “Ethnobotanical approach to anti-infective drug discovery”, Atlanta, Georgia, 8/15/2017.
- University of Virginia, Symposium on Plant Life, Charlottesville, Virginia, 2/23-24/2018.
- Quave C.L., R. Melander, J.T. Lyles, K. Nelson, C. Melander. Sensitization of beta-lactam antibiotics with resistance modifying agents from a medicinal plant. (Oral Presentation) American Society of Pharmacognosy (ASP) conference. 7/30-8/2/2017. Portland, Oregon.
- Lyles, J.T., K. Nelson, J. Shang, C.L. Quave. Identification of Botanical Natural Products to Combat the Emerging Threat of MDR Candida auris. (Poster presentation) ASM/ESCMID Conference on Drug Development to Meet the Challenge of Antimicrobial Resistance. 9/6-8/2017. Boston, Massachusetts.
- Invited keynote speaker (opening talk for the meeting). “Innovating the future of wound care with botanical natural products”. Innovations in Wound Healing. 12/7/2017. Key Largo, Florida.
- Invited speaker: “Medical Ethnobotany and the Discovery of New Drugs to Combat Antibiotic Resistance”. Gordon Research Conference on Drug Resistance. 7/2018. Bryant University, Rhode Island.