**Check the list of Public Lectures to find the most updated list of lectures open to the public. Dr. Quave has a successful track record in delivery of technical and motivational keynote speeches to audiences across the globe. The topics for each speech can be tailored to the needs of the client. Speaker fees are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
To book Dr. Quave for your conference, seminar, private or public speaking event – please email your request with details on the event, date options, and estimated honorarium amount to Ms. Patricia Calarese, Quave Research Group Administrative Assistant (email@example.com).
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- Panelist for “Chow: The science of food and not quite food” at DragonCon, Atlanta, GA, 8/31/2019.
- Panelist for “The Year in Science” at DragonCon, Atlanta, GA, 8/31/2019
- Keynote public lecture. “Nature’s Medicine Chest.” Part of a trio of talks under “Ethnobotany: Plants, People and Nature” Royal Botanic Gardens at Edinburgh. Edinburgh, Scotland. 9/15/2019.
- Invited plenary iDigBio Summit: “Cures from herbs? The role of ethnobotany and herbaria in driving the discovery of new drugs from nature” 10/1-3/2019. Gainesville, FL.
- University of Florida, Microbiology and Cell Science Seminar. Gainesville, FL. 10/7/2019.
- Michigan State University, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics seminar series, East Lansing, MI, 10/22-23/2019
- Invited plenary speaker: Microbiology Society Meeting: “Antimicrobial drug discovery from traditional and historical medicine”. 10/29/2019. Oxford, England.
- Invited plenary speaker: Herbal History Research Network “Historic herbal texts as a resource for drug discovery in the post-antibiotic era”. 10/30/2019. Bath, England.
- University of California San Francisco, Biophysics/Bioinformatics/Chemistry and Chemical Biology Seminar Series. “Ethnobotany-guided discovery of novel natural products for infectious disease.” San Francisco, CA. 1/9/20.