Have you ever wondered where your food comes from? Not just where it’s grown today, but where it originally popped up in the world? Have you ever bit into a delicious ripe fruit and wondered, hey – why is it this color? What’s responsible for this amazing flavor? Is this good for my health? Could it even be medicinal?
Foodie Pharmacology is a food podcast built for the food curious, the flavor connoisseurs, chefs, science geeks, foodies and adventurous taste experimenters out in the world! So, join me on this adventure through history, medicine, cuisine and molecules as we explore the amazing pharmacology of our foods. Series Preview.
List of Episodes
- EP 21: Can an apple a day keep the doctor away?
- EP 20: Chatter in your cheddar? Microbe cross-talk just got interesting!
- EP 19: “The Sioux Chef” Sean Sherman, Labrador Tea and Indigenous Eats
- EP 18: A Walk in the Garden of American Eden with Victoria Johnson
- EP 17: Tomatoes! The Aztec Secret to the Mediterranean diet?
- EP 16: A Hot Cup of Oregano…. What?
- EP 15: Salep! The Edible Orchid with Susanne Masters
- EP 14: Mango, the King of Fruits!
- EP 13: Green Cardamom – the Queen of Spices!
- EP 12: Be my Lemon Balm
- EP 11: Peanuts ain’t Nuts
- EP 10: Cannabis curious?
- EP 9: Blame it on Cain… Sugar Cane
- EP 8: Turmeric, the Golden Spice
- EP 7: Rosemary is for Remembrance
- EP 6: The Genius of Ginger
- EP 5: Reading Tea Leaves with Seth Goldman
- EP 4: Miracle Fruit: A Miracle in my Mouth!
- EP 3: Cassava: Poison on my Plate?
- EP 2: Coffee: Wine of the Bean
- EP 1: Black Pepper: It Hurts so Good!